So, you are interested in setting up a For Girls ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off program? That’s great news.
Why do we think For Girls sites are needed alongside our mixed sites?
Well, that's because research tells us that playing sports has a big effect on young girls, including:
- Improved self-esteem
- Improved performance at school
- Improved cognitive energy
- An increase in communication and trust with their family
- A more positive view of their body.
And we understand that a lot of girls just want to play with their friends rather than compete against boys.
So, let’s tell you more about the benefits of running a program and what it entails. Or, we can get someone to talk you through the concept by leaving your contact details here.
ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off in a nutshell
- A fun, game-based program taught in a friendly environment for children aged between 4 and 9.
- Weekly 45 minute session that builds skills through games and simple drills, delivered in an engaging and inclusive environment.
- Every player gets plenty of time on the ball and the prime aim of each session is for children to build fundamental motor skills.
- Each child also receives an ALDI MiniRoos Participant Pack when they register – which includes a bag, ball and a water bottle & lunch box.
- Parents can gain skills to coach in three hour session.
In the right place? Great, so what will your club gain by running an ALDI Kick-Off program?
- Enjoy a rewarding experience helping local girls develop social and sporting skills.
- An influx of new players and an additional resource of engaged parents.
- A stronger bond with your local community.
- A Deliverer Pack (balls, goals, cones, bibs) to get you started.
- Free ‘ALDI MiniRoos Certificates’ for kids.
- Coaching support manuals and weekly session plans.
- Full support from your MiniRoos Development office and the FFA.
- Full access to our STG program manager tool to run the program.
Is it worth it?
Ramsgate RSL Soccer Club certainly think so...
Here is the view of Robert Forward, Junior Vice President at the club.
"We started a Girls Only MiniRoos program in 2016 with the vision to help girls enjoy the game of football at their pace without the push and pull of competing with boys. We had 15 girls join the MiniRoos program of which 7 girls successfully created our first Girls Only team in a Girls Only competition in the U6's/7's grade in 2016. The girls had immense fun during the season and developed not just skills but friendships as well.
"Our club has increased junior girl numbers from 17 in 2016 to 54 girls through seven teams in the age groups of U6's to U11's. Our club goal was to submit at least one girls team into each age group in the junior levels. We surpassed that number. We have also had an increase in our All Age Women participation as mothers of our ALDI MiniRoos have been inspired to play as well."
Do you want in?
Here are the next steps. Want someone to contact you about becoming an ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off site? Then, please click here.
|Have access to appropriate space to host a ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off Program.||A safe playing surface of minimum 30mx20m per 10 participants. Appropriate sites include local parks, clubs and schoolyards. Indoor venues will also be considered. Provide proof of access to facility.|
|Time to commit to managing the program in its entirety.||Approximately 3 hours/week including administration and delivery.|
|Provide details of at least one coach upon application. ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off Program Managers can also act as coaches provided the FFA Grassroots Coaching Certificate has been completed and a valid Working with Children Clearance is held.||NA|
|Access to some suitable equipment (FFA will provide accredited sites with a delivers pack).||Coaching equipment such as balls, cones, goals, etc.|
|Passion to work with children, parents and coaches.||NA|
|Passion for football.||NA|
|Basic administration and computer literacy skills.||Organised person, meets deadlines, can fill in paperwork and understands basic instructions, basic computer literacy skills.|
|Contact details of at least one reference.||
To find out more about becoming an ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off site please click here.
To review the terms and conditions please click here.