FFA Message to the Australian Football Community: Play Football Online Registration
As the grassroots football season fast approaches, FFA, in partnership with all State/Territory Member Federations, has implemented a new and upgraded Play Football online registration system.
Once fully implemented, the new registration system will provide the following new benefits:
- New mobile optimised user experience;
- Register multiple individuals from a single account, allowing registration and management of your whole family from a single login;
- Users no longer use your FFA number to login;
- All participants will login with their Football Account and can use Facebook or Google logins as well as email.
As with any major technology upgrade, there will be some teething problems. FFA appreciates the understanding of the football community while this transition occurs.
In the meantime, the following information will help to make your registration experience as seamless as possible:
1. Information for Existing Participants
If you have previously played football, there are some important steps to follow to ensure your playing history is brought across from the old system.
When you register on the new system you need to claim your existing profiles from the old MyFootballClub system.
Your email address must match the one used on the old MyFootballClub.
Following these steps will ensure you don’t have to spend additional time re-entering old data:
- The key to this process is your Football Account which we will use to lookup matches for you.
- You will not be able to claim your participant history if your email address or social login does not match the email address used for registrations on the old MyFootballClub.
- Please ensure the Football Account is created in your name not the name of your child or dependant. Once you have created your Football Account you will be able to register any child or dependant.
An example of the “Claim Profiles” screen is shown below, please take the time to link your profiles.
2. Getting Help
If you encounter any issues, you can visit the Play Football Support site for useful resources or to submit a support ticket.
Call the support desk on 02 8880 7983: Monday-Friday 9am - 9pm AEST; Saturday 9am-3pm throughout the registration period; and for the next two weeks also on Sunday 9am – 3pm.
There may be times during the week that we experience a high volume of calls and emails. FFA has added additional support resources and are working to improve the response times.