Club Football Coordinator
The coordination and administration of the ALDI MiniRoos Club Football. This person will be the primary contact for that site.
The program coordinator is primarily responsible for ensuring ALDI MiniRoos is delivered to a high standard and ensuring parents of players understand the philosophy behind ALDI MiniRoos.
- Assist coaches with the set-up of playing areas;
- Ensure pitches are set-up, safe and fit to play on;
- Ensure that participants are supervised at all times;
- Ensure that all game leaders are identifiable, have a whistle and are competent; and
- Arrange the packing up of all equipment after the sessions are completed.
For more information regarding rules and playing formats in Club Football click here.
Club Football Game Leader
Each game is to be controlled by one Game Leader. The main role of the Game Leader is to keep the game moving fluently, limit stoppages and assist players with all match restarts. Most importantly, they must make every effort to create an environment that ensures that all players have fun, are learning the game and have maximum involvement.
The Game Leader can be a club official, parent, older child/player or beginner referee and should always be enthusiastic and approachable. Most importantly, remember the children are learning the game – be flexible and patient.
The Game Leader should:
- Encourage all children to have fun and different children to take re-starts;
- Ensure the correct number of players are on the field;
- Discourage players from permanently over-guarding the goal;
- Check all players are wearing shin guards;
- Use a “Ready, Set, Go” prompt to encourage quick decisions when restarting play;
- Encourage children to dribble or pass ball to team mates rather than kick the ball long;
- Ensure the opposing team is at least 5 metres outside the penalty area for all goal line restarts;
- Ensure team officials and parents create a safe, enjoyable and positive playing environment for the children;
- Encourage children to be involved in all aspects of the game, attacking and defending;
- Award free kicks as appropriate to help children learn the rules and consequences of committing fouls;
- Explain the rules to players and why a free kick has been awarded;
- Let the game flow and give instruction to all players on the run where you can;
- Praise and encourage both teams; and
- Be enthusiastic and approachable.
Game Leaders are encouraged to undertake a free ALDI MiniRoos Certificate prior to start of the season.
For more information on how to become a Game Leader please speak to your local Club Coordinator.
Facilitation of training sessions and organisation of game day player involvement.
- Plan, prepare, deliver and review training sessions throughout the ALDI MiniRoos season.
- Ensure all training sessions meet the needs of all participants.
- Ensure all participants are given equal opportunity to play
- Manage game-day player rotations.
- Consistently emphasise enjoyment and involvement rather than winning and competition.
- Manage parent’s expectations and promote supportive and positive behaviours.
For more information on ALDI MiniRoos Club Football Coach click here.